If you are going to build a new PC from scratch, we’d like to share that you can take help from our instructional guide on How to build your own PC in 8 steps.
However, even after a successful build, you’ll not be able to use your system without having the appropriate drivers for your motherboard. Even if you already have a PC or have just done fixing your old one, at one point or another, you will have to install or upgrade the drivers.
If you do not know how to download drivers for the motherboard, there is no need for you to panic. Why so? Well, because we have got you covered. In order to solve your query, we have made a detailed step wise guide that will help you in installing your motherboard’s drivers successfully.
From finding the appropriate drive to downloading and installing, we have covered every aspect for your ease. So, let’s dig into it.
Knowing about your motherboard’s model:
Before installing and even downloading the drivers, you will have to find the compatible ones first. In order to do this, you need to know about the type and version of your motherboard. This will aid you in searching for the most compatible drivers for your board.
Depending on the generation of the processor that you can utilize on your motherboard, chipset drivers work as executable instructions that explain to Windows how to correctly interact and function with your motherboard and the minor components on it.
Types of Drivers:
Drivers are categorized into a specific types of categories. Each category is suitable for a specific function. Generally, the majority of the motherboards are divided into the following types.
This driver enables interaction between an operating system and a physical or external device. A VGA driver is a type of software that enables your motherboard or GPU to deliver video graphics to your screen.
Network Driver/LAN Driver
It is the responsibility of your LAN driver to connect you to the network successfully. To put it another way, a network adapter driver is software that enables interaction across your system and your internet connectivity.
It is suggested that you frequently upgrade your network drivers to prevent problems. Updated drivers will fix any driver incompatibilities with all connected devices and enhance computer performance.
Audio or Sound Driver
Your operating system’s ability to interact with audio devices such as internal audio cards, loudspeakers, headphones, and mics is supported by the audio or sound driver software.
How to download drivers for the motherboard?
In order to download the driver, you have to go to your browser and search for it by typing the model of your board. Do not forget to add the word ‘driver’ to the search bar, right next to your board’s model.
It might become puzzling for you after seeing many results appearing after your search. You must study the description of the drivers to see which one is the latest. Once you find the driver, downloading is quite simple; all you have to do is to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Search the driver and open the relevant link.
- You can visit the ‘Drivers’ section on the link of the manufacturer’s site. MSI, Gigabyte, ACER, ASUS, etc., all have that section separately on their site.
- Now, you can click on the operating system that you use on your system.
- By selecting this, you will be able to view a whole list full of drivers that are compatible with your system.
- Select the one you require and click on ‘Download’.
- The drivers will begin downloading immediately. Store them somewhere you can quickly locate them, such as your USB device or any local drive.
Installing the drivers for the motherboard
You are prepared to install the drivers after you have downloaded them to your system. Remember that you must not use your pc for any other task while the installation process is going on because it will drastically slow down the procedure.
- Unzip the drivers by going to the directory where they were saved. This will cause the zip file to unpack into the current directory once you choose the “Extract Here” option.
- Double-clicking on the unzipped folder will open it up.
- Note that this file will be present with a .exe extension. Moreover, do not worry, as it could take a short while. Following this step, a wizard with instructions will appear.
- Observe those guidelines and follow them.
- You will always be prompted to accept the licensing agreement and go on with the first question. You won’t likely have any issues with anything in this agreement because it is a conventional one.
- As you go, select “OK,” “Next,” or “Accept” as needed. The drivers will begin to install immediately after you click this option.
- To properly install or upgrade motherboard drivers, you must complete this step. The motherboard will become lost and unable to find its way if you don’t restart it.
Once you complete all these steps, you will be delighted to see that you have successfully got your motherboard drivers installed. What next? Well, now you just have to sit back, relax, and enjoy the premium functionality of your system, as no hurdles will limit your operation now.
The Bottom Line:
When it comes to computer-based or tech-based tasks, one has to be quite precise. The procedure that one needs to follow is not too difficult, but it’s natural for one to be nervous while trying something new.
However, we are quite hopeful that our take on how to download drivers for motherboard must have proven pretty helpful for you.